Mission: “Candlelighters provides frontline assistance to families of cancer patients, ages 0-21, as they battle the emotional stresses of their experiences. The connections made with other members who have been through it all and know how to help is tremendously supportive. Meetings, personal assistance and activities for families provide the outlets needed to share the fear and frustrations caused by childhood cancer.”
- Bi-Monthly newsletter and access to our website
- College scholarships to cancer survivors
- Emergency financial support
- Food pantry and Snack Cart at Doernbecher Children’s Hospital
- Monthly activities for the whole family
- Quarterly support group meetings for families and children facilitated by trained professionals
- Outreach to newly diagnosed families
- Pediatric Cancer Resources
- Summer family camp
- Tickets to area sporting/entertainment events
- Toys for children at Randall and Doernbecher Children’s Hospitals
- Bereavement support services
- Monthly catered meals for in-patients and their families at Emanuel and Doernbecher Children’s Hospitals
Year Established: 1977
Mission: “The American Cancer Society is the nationwide, community-based, voluntary health organization dedicated to eliminating cancer as a major health problem by preventing cancer, saving lives, and diminishing suffering from cancer, through research, education, advocacy, and service.”
Resources Provided: Various programming for children with a cancer diagoses and supportive programming for families as well.
Year Established: 1913
Mission:The essential emergency services we offer, like food and shelter, open the door to deeper relationships with our homeless guests. From there, we’re able to offer a powerful solution to the root causes of homelessness: our New Life Ministry.
Women and children are invited to stay at the Residential addiction recovery program for women.
A 12-month residential program consisting of addiction recovery, life skills training, and spiritual renewal. Hot, delicious meals three times a day. Access to a workout facility, garden, lounge room, computer lab, clothes boutique, and more. Job and independent living training. The option to stay for another year, work for the Mission, and gain valuable experience.
Year Established: 1949